Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 29 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 17 Jan 2018
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update September 2017
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files - (1998-2013) Articles Index
Thursday, June 18, 2015
I just got off the phone with Jack NeSmith's daughter. She and Jean wanted
me to pass along that Jack "Grunt" NeSmith passed away this morning in a
local hospital in Florida.
Jack was diagnosed a few weeks ago with brain cancer and went through surgery. Things were looking up and he was in high spirits. But in the end the radiation and chemo weakened him and pneumonia developed Monday. He went into the hospital Tuesday but things had progressed to far for a recovery.
Jack has been my close friend for well over 25 years. We shared a lot including daily telephone calls and visits. He was quite the character, loved scanners and in particular, milcom monitoring.
According to Jean there will not be a service, so we won't be heading down to FLA. If I learn anymore I will pass it along.
Rest in peace Jack. Gayle and I will miss you, as well as your many scanner/milcom friends.